Thursday, March 22, 2012

Toontown- Disneyland

I was seven, about to turn eight during my first visit to Disneyland and, for me, the highlight of the whole trip was Toontown, with the AMAZING Car Toon Spin and the chance to meet my personal favorite character, Sorcerer Mickey. Imagine my shock when I returned for the first time in almost a decade to find the Tree House's ball pit gone, the slide closed off, Goofy's house no longer bouncy and Roger Rabbit being refurbished! Toontown is a shadow of its former self, as children these days are apparently not as resilient as those of us who actually remember the show that Gadget's Go-Coaster is from. Disneyland management doesn't trust us anymore, and while it was a bit like the play place at your local McFranchise fast food joint, Toontown captured the imagination of at least one seven year old. Isn't that what the Disney Parks are all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment